domingo, 3 de abril de 2011

De quien cantaba con todo el desgarro del dolor


Janis Lyn Joplin
(Port Arthur, Texas, 1943 - Los Ángeles, California, 1970)

PIECE OF MY HEART

Oh, come on, come on, come on! Didn’t I make you feel like
you were the only man, yeah! Didn’t I give you
nearly everything that a woman possibly can ?
Honey, you know I did! And each time I tell myself that I,
well I think I’ve had enough.
Oh, but I’m gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough.
I want you to tell come on, come on,
come on, come on and take it! Take it!
Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!
Oh, oh, break it! Break another little bit of my heart now.
Darling, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, oh, have a,
have another little piece of my heart now, baby.
You know you got it if it makes you feel good.
Oh, yes indeed. You’re out on the streets looking good,
and baby deep down in your heart
I guess you know that it ain’t right.



Never, never, never, never hear me when I cry at night,
Babe, I cry all the time! And each time I tell myself that I,
well I can’t stand the pain, but when you hold me in your arms,
I’ll sing it once again. I’ll say come on, come on,
come on, come on, yeah, take it!
Take it! Take another little piece of my heart now, baby.
Oh, oh, break it! Break another little bit of my heart now,
darling, yeah, Oh, oh, have a!
Have another little piece of my heart now, baby,
You know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.
I need you to come on, come on, come on, come on and take it,
take it! Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!
Oh, oh, break it! Break another little bit of my heart, now darling,
yeah, c’mon now. oh, oh, have a, have another
little piece of my heart now, baby!
You know you got it , whoahhhhh!! Take it!
Take it! Take another little piece of my heart now, baby,
Oh, oh, break it! Break another little bit of my heart,
now darling, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, oh, have a,
have another little piece of my heart now, baby, hey!
You know you got it, child, if it makes you feel good.

[Canción compuesta por Jerry Ragovoy y Bert Berns e interpretada por Janis Joplin con la "Big Brother and the Holding Company" para el disco "Cheap Thrills" ("Emociones baratas") publicado en 1968]



DESPEDAZA MI CORAZÓN

¡Vamos, escúchame! ¿Acaso no te hice sentir como si fueras
el único hombre en el mundo? ¿No te di todo
lo que humanamente es posible que entregase una mujer?
Cariño, tú sabes que así fue. Y mientras más lo pienso,
más considero que ya no tengo nada más que darte.
Por eso, ahora voy además a demostrarte
que una mujer puede ser también muy fuerte.
Quiero retarte a que vengas, anda, hazlo, para que escojas
un trozo de mi corazón desgarrado. ¡Sí, rómpelo
y llévate una porción de mi corazón roto en pedazos!
No temas: es todo tuyo si te hace feliz destrozarlo.



 Vas por las calles sin mí presumiendo de buen aspecto,
aunque sabes en lo más profundo de tu alma
que abandonarme no es lo que merezco.
Nunca me escuchas cuando lloro por las noches
y la verdad es que me dejas siempre llorando.
Cada vez pienso más en que no podré
soportar este dolor inmenso,
y cuando vuelvo a estar entre tus brazos
siento que debo contártelo. Así que vamos,
¿a qué esperas? Toma este corazón y desgárralo
para llevarte el trozo ardiente que te apetezca.
Tú sabes que mi corazón es tuyo por entero,
así que puedes destrozarlo y elegir el pedazo
que más te convenga. Vamos, no te detengas,
y arranca con la parte del corazón que prefieras.

(Traducción de Andrés González Déniz)


Janis murió por una sobredosis de heroína con elevado grado de pureza a la corta edad de 27 años. En su testamento destinó 10.000 dólares para que sus amigos celebraran una fiesta en su recuerdo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario